Pastoral Leadership Development
The Siebert Lutheran Foundation strengthens Lutheran congregations by providing opportunities for ordained pastors to enroll in leadership training programs designed for equipping leaders of the 21st century.
The Foundation provides grants to support pastors' enrollment in leadership development programs. A grant for a program will not exceed $15,000 per pastor (or pastoral couple in the case of Pastoral Leadership Institute). The staff of a Foundation-approved leadership development program applies for grant(s) on behalf of eligible pastor(s).
Currently, the Foundation supports pastors who attend the following programs:
The Foundation is open to reviewing new and innovative leadership programs focused on Lutheran pastors. If you would like to suggest a program, please contact Foundation staff.
To be eligible for Foundation funding, a pastor must:
- Be serving a congregation full-time in Wisconsin or Upper Michigan
- Have a Master's of Divinity from an accredited theological school or recognized seminary
- Have served in parish ministry for at least 3 years
- Have support of the congregation for participation in this program, including salary and benefits
- Receive a financial contribution to the program from his or her congregation
Download full grant program details, including full eligibility requirements, here.